Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gossip - Nobody's Friend

My name is Gossip.
I have no respect for justice.
I aim without killing.
I break hearts and ruin lives.
I am cunning and malicious
and gather strength with age.
The more I am quoted, the
more I am believed.
My victims are helpless. They
cannot protect themselves
against me because I have no
name and no face.
To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try, the
more elusive I become.
I am nobody's friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation,
it is never the same.
I topple governments
and wreck marriages.
I ruin careers
and cause sleepless nights,
heartaches,
and indigestion.
I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
Even my name hisses.
I am called Gossip.
I make headlines and headaches.
Before you repeat a story,
ask yourself:
Is it true?
Is it harmless?
Is it necessary?
If it isn't, don't repeat it.

No comments: