Thursday, October 9, 2008

I am Contented

I love this message and I thought of sharing with you all.

*****************************
Dearest Everyone,

A nice article about the happiness of being contented. I love it and hope every kind soul out there will like it too.

Today, upon a bus I saw a lovely girl with golden hair. I envied her, she seemed so happy, I wished I were as fair. When suddenly she rose to leave I saw her hobble down the aisle, She had one leg and wore a crutch, but as she passed, a smile.

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm. I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it would do no harm.

And as I left he mentioned to me, "Thank you, you have been so kind. It's nice to talk with folks like you," he said, "you see, I'm blind."

Later while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue. He stood and watched the others play, he did not know what to do. I stopped a moment and said, "Why don't you join the others, Dear?" He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he couldn't hear.

With legs to take me where I go,
With eyes to see the sunset's glow,
With ears to hear what I would know...

Forgive me when I whine!

I'm blessed indeed! This world is beautiful!!

- Original Wordings (Unknown)
- Amended Wordings (Bryan Tango)

No comments: