1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Do not believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
5. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who do not have dreams do not have much.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it is the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name-calling.
11. Do not judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you do not want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Say, "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
16. When you lose, do not lose the lesson.
17. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Do not let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19. When you realize you have made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the telephone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
21. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other will.
22. Spend some time alone.
23. Open your arms to change but do not let go of your values.
24. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
25. Read more books and watch less TV.
26. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back,you will get to enjoy it a second time.
27. Trust in God but lock your car.
28. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
29. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Do not bring up the past.
30. Read between the lines.
31. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
32. Be gentle with the earth.
33. Pray. There is immeasurable power in it.
34. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
35. Mind your own business.
36. Do not trust a man/woman who does not close his/her eyes when you kiss.
37. Once a year, go some place you have never been before.
38. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
39. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
40. Learn the rules then break some.
41. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
42. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
43. Remember that your character is your destiny.
44. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.